In 2011, WEN launched a special Executive Tier Membership, with the goal of providing an innovative forum for executive women leaders in the energy industry to network, exchange and develop new ideas, and become visible role models. The program is available by invitation only, but candidates who meet eligibility requirements as described below are welcome to apply for consideration. WEN welcomes both female and male executives who have an interest in promoting and a demonstrated history of supporting women in energy. Read on for more information.
Programs and Benefits
Currently three WEN chapters offer Executive Membership and programming: WEN Houston, South Louisiana and North Texas
. These chapters provide special programming exclusively available to Executive Members and ongoing initiatives to enhance the value of executive interaction.
Executive Members have the opportunity to
- Enjoy special chapter events exclusively for WEN executive members that allow private networking with industry peers and speakers
- Exchange knowledge with executives of various backgrounds in the energy industry
- Give back by mentoring and developing aspiring women professionals in the energy industry
- Support other executive women and foster professional development
- Be visible role models and support progressing the careers of standard WEN members by participating as leaders of WEN Mentoring Circles or as speakers at WEN programs
- Expand industry knowledge by participating in programs developed specifically for executive members
Candidates for Executive Membership should be recognized leaders in their fields and have an established sphere of influence. They also should have a demonstrated leadership record in civic and community activities within the last five years. Candidates must meet the criteria of membership in WEN, as well as one or more of the following:
- Hold a senior executive position within an energy company or company serving the energy industry;
- Be an equity partner or shareholder or hold a leadership position (includes serving on a board of directors) in an organization serving energy industry clients;
- Be a fully tenured professor teaching energy-related subjects or hold a leadership in the energy field at an accredited undergraduate or graduate level academic institution;
- Hold a cabinet-level or higher position (GS15 or Senior Executive Service or similar level, in the chapter area) in state or federal government or head an agency in state or federal government related to the energy industry;
- Hold an executive position at a trade association or group that serves the energy industry; or
- Be a past-president of a WEN chapter (applicable after fulfillment of term as immediate past-president).
Application Process and Fee Schedule
A chapter may invite a candidate to Executive Membership or a candidate may self-nominate by applying through this website. All candidates will complete the application and submit a resume or CV outlining how the candidate meets the criteria for executive membership. Executive Member candidates must be approved by the National Membership Director and the appropriate Chapter.
Chapters determine the fees for Executive Membership, so dues vary per chapter. Members at this tier enjoy complimentary attendance to their chapter's events targeted at Executive Members.
WEN Houston - $500 per year
WEN North Texas - $300 per year
WEN South Louisiana - $250 per year