Annual Leadership Conference
Our half-day signature event focuses on discussion topics that inspire energy leaders and offer an afternoon of education and networking, focused on empowering women across all areas of the energy industry to identify and gain the tools they need to better manage their careers and to excel in the industry.
The WEN North Texas Mentoring Program is a mentor-facilitated peer-to-peer mentoring program, aimed at promoting leadership, career guidance, development of skills for advancement, career success, and expanding professional networks. The program is open to all WEN members who are interested in participating as a mentor or mentee. The program begins in April and runs through January of 2021.
All participants in the program will be assigned to a mentoring circle, generally consisting of 6 to 10 mentees and 1 or 2 mentors. The WEN North Texas chapter currently offers a choice of three different circles based on geographic preference such as, North Dallas, Fort Worth, and Downtown Dallas. Mentors host monthly, in-person, focused meetings to discuss topics around key themes, based on a framework provided by the program chair. Each circle is encouraged to tailor the format and content according to the needs of its members.
In addition to the focused circle meetings, the mentoring program offers specialty workshops and social events, exclusive to program participants. The workshops and social events promote opportunities for networking among fellow mentors and mentees, while providing a deeper dive into a particular topic.
Program benefits include:
- Leadership and career guidance
- Development of skills that enable advancement and career success
- Expand and cultivate professional networks
- Open forum for sharing ideas surrounding issues affecting career and workplace success
- Accountability for goal setting
- Observations of industry trends from different perspectives
- A library of methods and strategies for confident decision making
Call for Mentors and Mentees
Application for the 2020-2021 WEN North Texas Mentoring Program will close March 15, 2020.
2020-2021 Mentoring Program Timeline (subject to change)
- March 15, 2020 – Mentee and Mentor Application Deadline
- April 2020 – Program Kick-Off and Orientation Event
- April 2020 – January 2021 – Mentoring Program Session
- January 2021 – Program Close Celebration
Criteria for Participants
In order to participate in the mentoring program, members must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain good-standing membership of WEN for the duration of the program,
- Commit to spending 1-4 hours per month, from April through January of 2021, preparing for and participating in the mentoring circle, and
- Submit an application.
- All mentors and mentees are highly encouraged to attend the initial WEN Mentoring Orientation Session (details TBA), where you will meet the other members of your mentoring circle and schedule your first mentoring circle meeting.
Please refer to the Additional Information link below for more information about the organization of mentoring circles.
If you have additional questions, please click the Learn More link below.
As a well-established and growing professional organization chaired by women in the field, WEN attracts the kind of speakers that can give members insight to relevant and timely industry topics at our monthly luncheons and executive events.
Our monthly luncheons and happy hour networking events are held throughout the year, and allow you to meet other professional members representing a range of fields within the industry.