Congratulations to the 2021 Permian Basin Board of Directors
- President - Heather Tash
- President-Elect - Amy Penland
- Secretary - Kristin Schmidt
- Treasurer - Sunny Wineinger
- Director of Membership - Rohini Restelle
- Director of Community Initiatives - Lacey Rogers
- Director of Marketing - Kelsey McCarron
- Director of Sponsorship - Rita Buress
- Director of Programs - Amanda Turner
- Immediate Past President - Jenny Alexander
- National Liaison Chair - Lori Wesley
- Mentoring Chair - Taylor Reeves
- Young Women Energized Chair - Katie McBryde
- Signature Event Chair - Kyndall Leone
- Signature Event Co-Chair - Heather Box
- Fundraising Chair - Belinda Vejar
Speed Mentoring and Networking Event in the Permian Chapter
WEN Permian Basin’s first ever Speed Mentoring and Networking Happy Hour was a huge success. Seventeen of the Permian Basin’s top professionals in engineering, geology, land, law, accounting, marketing, and management met with WEN members. The event, much like speed dating, placed participants across the table from a mentor for a two-minute session. Quick introductions were followed by advice on a wide range of topics, including how to handle tough situations in the workplace, ways to manage time, and the must visit locations in West Texas/Southeastern New Mexico. The event wrapped up with additional networking at the event venue, Blue Door, and a follow up e-mail to all participants who may be searching for a mentor.
WEN Permian Basin President, Laci Stretcher said, “I think the event was well received by membership and mentors. The mentoring session enabled attendees to step outside of their comfort zone and meet new people. Instead of a normal happy hour spent socializing with coworkers, WEN members met other professionals from all parts of the industry and enhanced their industry connections. I think this was also a win for the mentors because it was a one-time commitment that allowed them to share their experiences with minimal investment of their time.”
Event organizer, Yagashri Pradhan said, “Participants established many connections and gained an exposure to a large network of women through this setting. The speed mentoring event was a springboard to establish a flexible mentorship within WEN Permian Basin and provided an opportunity for members to network."
All in, over 40 members participated in the inaugural event whereby the goal was to connect young professionals in energy (mentees) with seasoned professionals (mentors) in a meaningful way. The hope will be for this event to be held annually to foster mentorship relationships with members of WEN Permian Basin.