About Our Chapter
The Women’s Energy Network (WEN) Permian Basin was established in July 2015 and encompasses Midland, Odessa, and Andrews. The mission of the Women’s Energy Network Permian Basin is to attract more women into energy through outreach programs; to retain and develop women in energy by fostering relationships; and to develop leadership competencies and industry insight through strategic partnerships with companies, educational institutions, and other organizations.
WEN Permian Basin will provide networking and educational programming such as educational workshops on emerging energy trends, a STEM girls mentoring program including award a scholarship, and networking event. In 2019, WEN Permian Basin was proud to award $40,000 in scholarships to deserving students.
Founding Board of Directors and Committee Chairs:
- Meredith Morgan Tipton, President (Assistant Controller, Fasken Oil and Ranch)
- Kristi Hyatt, President-Elect (Shareholder, Cotton, Bledsoe, Tighe and Dawson, PC)
- Cari Chaplin, Treasurer (Chief Financial Officer, Trey Resources)
- Laura Sorsby, Secretary (Landman, Energen)
- Gaby Garcia, Director of Membership (Land Representative)
- Amy Pitcock, Director of Marketing (Owner, HP Land Services, LLC)
- Anna Omsberg, Director of Educational Programming (Field Service Quality Coordinator, Halliburton)
- Megan Antus, Director of Community Development (Partner, Long-Weaver, Manning, Antus and Antus)
- Katrina Carrasco, Membership Retention Chair (Account Manager, Self-Employed)
- Brook Riley, Young Women’s Energized Chair (Geological Team Lead, Concho Resources)